Bible Reading Plans, Options, Ways
Over time, i have tried so many Bible reading plans and different ways to read/study the Bible. I can tell you that a lot of them have very high expectations to get things read. There are pros and cons for Bible reading plans. Here’s some i thought of. Later i will share my *extensive* list of plans i’ve bookmarked over the time.
- if you have no idea what to read, they will tell you.
- if you have no idea how much to read, it helps
- if you are looking for some special thing like “let’s read through the Bible in a year or two”, or “read 5 days a week” or whatever else, these help.
- if you want something to help you tick off days that you read your Bible, this helps
Otherwise, i am clueless why use Bible reading plans, but some cons also.
- it’s easy to think of this as just “get it done and tick a day off” thing and not really dig into God’s word.
- easy to feel guilty when you skip/miss a day or few or a week. Due to whatever reasons.
- Over time they might get boring. Especially if you like variety like me.
- a lot of these plans might seem overwhelming and not achievable.
So which one is for you? Well that is for you to discover. I would not recommend starting something big, if you know that you are bad at finishing big projects. If you like small things, start small. But here’s a loads of options for you to look through and choose or just bookmark for later if you are a procrastinator like me. Or just bookmark this page to come back to when you think that “oh i want to have a Bible reading plan and i remember Mirjam blogging about this”. Anyway, here goes.
- 52 week Bible reading plan dividing things into 7 different categories. See here - http://www.bible-reading.com/bible-plan.pdf
- Not really a plan, but more like an instruction of how to get simple reading plan thingie started. See here http://www.logosmultimedia.com/daily-bible-reading-plan.html
- Also some categories there, but has tick off boxes. http://static.esvmedia.org/assets/pdfs/rp.esv.study.bible.pdf
- Not a plan, but a way to read the Bible if you find where you are reading. S.O.A.P - http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VJ9D16RDEHo/T1Q0ghaX31I/AAAAAAAAAjE/Qx_NsheWQ24/s1600/SOAP+Journal+Instructions+.jpg
- One way to get more engaged with scripture is here. Very fun and creative. http://www.stonesoupforfive.com/2012/01/diy-legacy-bible-journal.html
- Make your own custom Bible reading plan here https://www.mybibleplans.com
- One option to read through the Bible in a year here http://thepracticaldisciple.com/pdfs/bible_in_a_year.pdf
- Creative way to read and journal through one chapter in the Bible. http://www.stonesoupforfive.com/2012/02/bible-journal-through-any-chapter.html
- This reading plan gives a little grace space for those lazy ones who don’t get to reading every day. And just tick off when you do get to it. http://www.ransomfellowship.org/publications/notes_biblereadingprogram.pdf
- This one takes you to read the Bible in 3 years if i understand it correctly. It is set for 2009-2011, but i am sure you can make it work in whatever time you start. https://timchester.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/edge-network-weekly-reading-plan.pdf
- This one presents an interesting approach to Bible reading. I am not entirely sure and have not read through all the pages, so there might be theological disagreements with my faith, but plan itself sounds good. To go through the Bible chronologically. WARNING: it’s 80 pages!!! http://thebible.net/read/chron.pdf
- This one tells you to read 5 days a week and you get through the Bible in a year. http://www.bibleclassmaterial.com/Magical/images/BCM1/Bible%20Reading%20Schedule%202014%20for%20BCM.pdf
- Salvation Army has some Bible challenge. For their plans see here: http://biblechallenge.salvationarmy.org.uk/reading-plans and if you want discussion for some small group or to do it with a friend, see here http://biblechallenge.salvationarmy.org.uk/discussion-notes
- One recommended by many is here https://www.navigators.org/www_navigators_org/media/navigators/tools/Resources/Discipleship-Journal-Bible-Reading-Plan-9781617479083.pdf
- And then there’s book at a time one here https://www.navigators.org/www_navigators_org/media/navigators/tools/Resources/DJ-Book-at-a-Time-Bible-reading-plan.pdf
- This is not a Bible reading plan, but just a fun picture https://visualunit.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/bible_periodic2.png
So that is only some options available out there. There’s plenty plenty more options. It all depends on what you like! If you need help with all these or something, well you know where to find me. (everywhere!) But i hope that this inspires someone to read more, dig deeper or go further with God’s word.