TV-Series I Watch
Well i do watch quite a lot of them. Sometimes i wonder why, but mostly i watch them to:
- distract my head from not thinking all the negative stuff or overthinking things
- entertainment after classes on my free time
Also, must warn you. Not all of this are suitable for everyone. Everyone has different sensitivity to what they see on screen. Some people are okay watching horror movies, i am for example not. Some people are okay seeing people have sex on screen. Not for me thank you very much. So this is what i have currently interests in. I put here all i can remember for now. And use IMDB as a source if you want to see pictures, actors, trailers etc. IMDB is Internet Movie DataBase. Basically place for all your movie, tv-series knowledge. :)
- Cedar Cove - Follows the professional and personal life of Municipal Court Judge Olivia Lockhart and the surrounding townsfolk. This is pretty “christian safe” if you can say that. It’s from Hallmark, so very mellow. We watch this together with Peter sometimes. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2871832/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Doc Martin - Small town life with a doctor. Pretty funny sometimes. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408381/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Blindspot - one of my newest favorites. Sadly not so many episodes out yet. A Jane Doe is found in Times Square with no memory and mysterious tattoos on her body. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4474344/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. Also relatively new series for those who like more magic, fantasy and such. With magic long since lost to England, two men are destined to bring it back; the reclusive Mr. Norrell and daring novice Jonathan Strange. So begins a dangerous battle between two great minds. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2548418/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Doctor Who - well this is rather long one, but regardless of me stopping to watch it as it got boring at one point, i put it here for the sake of others. I have watched it, liked it, but got bored with it. The further adventures of the time traveling alien adventurer and his companions. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Merlin - watched it for a while. But as with Doctor Who, got bored with it after some time. The adventures of the legendary sorcerer as a young man. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1199099/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Forever - same as previous. At some point, it got boring. But it still is in my opinion rather interesting. A 200-year-old man works in the New York City Morgue trying to find a key to unlock the curse of his immortality. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3487382/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- Little house on the prairie - VERY old one, but have watched it and as far as i know a lot of Christians like it. :) The life and adventures of the Ingalls family in the 19th century American West. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071007/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Limitless - as with Blindspot, it is fairly new, so not many episodes out yet. An average 28-year old man that gains the ability to use the full extent of his brain’s capabilities is hired by the FBI as a consultant. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4422836/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Person of interest - sad story when you like a tv-series, but run out of episodes. That’s where i am at with this for now. An ex-assassin and a wealthy programmer save lives via a surveillance AI that sends them the identities of civilians involved in impending crimes. However, the details of the crimes–including the civilians’ roles–are left a mystery. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839578/?ref_=nv_sr_1
- Gotham - started watching few days ago, so not much of an opinion. It has quite a lot of killing in it, so not sure if i will continue with it long term. The story behind Commissioner James Gordon’s rise to prominence in Gotham City in the years before Batman’s arrival. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3749900/?ref_=nv_sr_2
- Alcatraz - also started few days ago. But seems okay for now. In 1963, all the prisoners and guards mysteriously disappear from Alcatraz. In the present day, they resurface and a secret agency are tasked with re-capturing them. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1728102/?ref_=nv_sr_2
- Arrow - same as two previous, only recently started, but rather okay for now. Spoiled billionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing and presumed dead when his yacht is lost at sea. He returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow. Link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2193021/?ref_=nv_sr_1
So that’s a long list huh? Well there’s also things i’ve watched in the past, but aren’t currently watching. Like Monk, Dr House, CSI (different ones), Bones, Charmed, Sabrina the teenage witch, even Buffy the vampire slayer long time ago. Or 7th Heaven. But with not having TV myself, i limit myself to watch only things that i actually like. Currently that’s the bottom three of the list above.
Sure there’s movies too, sometimes. But those are one off things and usually i don’t watch movies twice. Usually. Only one from what i can currently remember that i really really liked is Old Fashioned. I would recommend that to dating couples, to try things old fashioned way. Here’s a link to IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2048824/?ref_=nv_sr_1 I really liked this.
Anyway, that’s it for now. I’m sure i must’ve forgot something. And i’m sure some people might find some of the tv-series inappropriate, some others find them boring and not interesting. Which is why this is my list and only here for those who want to maybe discover something new or see what other people watch :) Now back to watching Alcatraz for now. Laters!